Thursday, July 23, 2015

So Bittersweet

Hi there, Lisa here today to share a bittersweet moment.  Sometimes, in an effort to be genuine as we tell our lives stories, we have to share the not so happy moments.  For the most part, our scrapbooks are filled with the highlights of our lives...but there are moments worth remembering, especially when they are part of a bigger story, but explain so much.  In this layout I created for my middle daughter, I used a screenshot of her snapchat story to remember the big moment she realized that it would be the last time she was on this stage that she had performed on for 15 years of her life.


The Maggie Holmes Confetti Collection is filled with little tickets of all kinds and I fussy cut them and some film strips to build this layout.  The flowers, which reminded me of the flowers we have given her after every perfomance were cut from an older piece of Crate paper as well.  I tucked a journaling card with her story (also from that same piece of paper from the Confetti collection) into a glassine bag behind the photo as this was a very emotional moment for her and I didn't feel the journaling belonged front and center.  I hope you'll take the time to scrap the bittersweet moments, too.  It helps not only to process the emotions surrounding those events but keeps our stories real.  




3 comments :