Saturday, March 8, 2014

My Reason to Smile

Happy Saturday, My Scraps fans!  Missy here today.  I just love our daily challenges over on the boards.  They really help you step outside your norm and give something fun and new a try.  I created this layout for a Trigger Tuesday challenge last month.  The challenge was to scrap your favorite color and create a monochromatic page using primarily that one color.  Guess what color I chose... :D

I used Crate Paper's Flea Market for this pink page.  But it's full of more than just pink...I think every color is represented in that collection.
 

I jazzed up the background with a little bit of modeling paste.  I didn't want to cover up those gorgeous hearts too much, though.  I love that bokeh effect!  I added some pop dots to some of the pieces for dimension and then added some tangled thread underneath.


I added a piece of vellum to my layers...it reminds me of the light bokeh effect with the hearts...kind of a see-through light & airy element.  I lightly distressed some of the edges as well.


Love this chipboard heart!  It looks like it's floating.  I even threw in some old pink rick rack down there.  My ribbon stash is enormous, and I don't use it enough!


A closer look at the modeling paste...I also added in some watercolors over it.  I like to blot the watercolor with a paper towel to make it lighter and less messy.  It gives a more subtle effect.


I hope you'll come visit us on our boards!  We'd love to have you play along with us.

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great weekend!

Missy :)

7 comments :

  1. Such a sweet layout. Love all the layers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful page!! I love everything about it! Cute photo too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love monochromatic layouts and I love pink too- so this layout is just a delight to me! Love all the layers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a beautiful layout! Layering, texture, all the pink . . . stunning! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty, I love all the pink and that heart paper is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute layout! Love the layers.

    ReplyDelete