Friday, June 14, 2013

Let's take a DIP!

The water in the lakes is still really chilly in Mid-June, yet that didn't stop my daughter from jumping on in!

I used the "Atlantic" collection from Studio Calico for this page.  You should really check it out in the My Scraps & More store!  It is a really great summer/nautical line!  I based this page off of today's sketch at the My Scraps & More sketch blog.



On my background, I wanted a bit more color, so I painted a large yellow circle with some watered down mist.  Then I splattered some Navy and aqua mists.


I had a third photo that just wasn't working in the design of the page (I always have a hard time mixing up portrait and landscape photos on a layout!), so I decided just to tuck it behind the larger photo with a little tab and clothespin to pull out!




I fussy cut out the anchor from patterned paper and added some flair.  I also used a vellum garland from my stash and cut apart the stitched circles and glued them around the page here and there.


Be sure to visit the sketch blog to see more awesome layouts with the sketch!

-Audrey

1 comment :

  1. I really like the papers you used for this layout! The colors are so nice.

    ReplyDelete