Friday, March 8, 2013

A non-winter collection for a winter page..

I decided to try and use a non-wintry collection of papers for a snowy layout (not that I don't have a ton of winter/Christmas paper!).  And the My Mind's Eye "Collectable" collection was just right.  I used some softer greens and blues on my snowy page:



I created this page based on a sketch designed exclusively for the My Scraps & More sketch a thon by Diana Fisher!  You have to visit the forum HERE to see the sketch!

On the background, I added a thin layer of gesso and then used a Versamark pen and drew in some circles. I then covered them with gold embossing powder and heated.

I also stamped the snowflakes with a MME Collectable stamp set and heat embossed them in white and cut them out.  I added some epoxy circles to the centers and scattered them on the page.  




The rest is just paper layers with some stickers, chipboard, die cuts, washi tape, and twine!


Hope you are enjoying the Sketch A Thon!

-Audrey

1 comment :